What Are NFTs?
NFTs, or Non-fungible tokens, are one of the most popular digital assets of recent times. (Non-fungible means it cannot be exchanged with any item.) Anything available online, like art, music, or documents, can be copied effortlessly, but how can one prove who the original owner of the item is? NFTs solve this problem. For example, when NFT is created for an art piece, a unique fingerprint, token name, and symbol is assigned to it, and all this information is stored in the blockchain, and the artist becomes the owner. A transaction is created on the blockchain when this item is sold. As blockchain can’t be tampered with, it is ensured that the current and previous owner information is accurate. NFTs can be created for any item that is unique and needs proof of ownership, like a form of art, music, videos, in-game items, and more.
Why Are NFTs So Valuable, And Why Are Brands Leveraging Them?
The price of NFT is driven by demand, by the amount one is willing to pay. Can you imagine the founder of Twitter sold his first tweet as NFT for 2.9 million dollars? On the other hand, an expensive NFT can become worthless overnight if no one wants to buy it.
While investing in NFT might seem strange, owing to the potential future, big brands like Adidas, Nike, Pizza Hut, Pringle, and Taco Bell are spending millions on NFT marketing. Why? Because the digital world is the future and increased adoption of NFT in public.
The value and demand of these unique digital assets have made NFT marketing strategy one of the most popular marketing strategies in the digital space.
What Are The Benefits Of NFT Marketing?
- Increased brand awareness and engagement
- Higher ROI
- Generate more sales on new items
- Create a unique experience for buyers
Tips To Leverage NFT Marketing
- Influencer marketing: One of the most popular marketing techniques involves influencers (who have an excellent social presence in various media). As every influencer holds a signature value, NFTs promoted by them are sure capture more money.
- Build and nurture your community: If you have already built a community, you need to nurture it. Only having ownership will not help to leverage NFTs. Support your community members, understand their requirements, and ensure they use NFTs.
- OpenSea: One of the largest third-party platforms to trade NFTs. Here one can buy NFTs and sell them. Being active on such platforms helps the markets create awareness about the brand and make sure that the community members use NFTs by providing regular updates and market situations.
- Community marketing: Community marketing is another huge tool to increase NFT prices and the audience’s demand. Building a community is not easy, but marketing within the community can be easy.
For example, when Nike Launched digital sneakers as NFT under the name CryptoKicks the highest selling amount per unit was $130000. Why would people invest a huge amount in something they cannot wear physically? It is the first question that most of us will think about. The marketers can understand the actual reason. After launching the NFT, they also launched a new collection of sneakers from the same collaboration. And the batch was sold out faster than you would expect. That is the power of community marketing. The people buying the NFTs were investors, and with the collaboration launch, the price of NFTs increased. This is a smooth art of increasing the price of NFT and market using it.
- SEO: To enjoy enhanced conversions and ranking on search engine platforms to boost sales, you must use SEO. Optimizing the products and NFTs according to the platform makes a difference. Use proper tools to escalate the marketing speed with NFTs.
- Discord marketing : Discord is a VoIP (Voice-over-IP) chat app with texts, videos, and voice calls. The craze of discord groups is increasing with time, reflecting the use of NFTs. Marketers are finding new ways to engage their audience at the discord groups. Discord being a new platform, has grabbed the attention of several businesses. They can communicate with their audience and get better feedback on their art in the market.
- NFT giveaway: Everyone loves a giveaway, and it can be a great opportunity to create hype around the NFT that a business is launching. Many people expect to get their first NFT from such giveaways.
- Use blockchain networks : To promote businesses use blockchain networks. These are also called social media in common language. Some examples of blockchain networks are Discord, Facebook, and Twitter. Advertising your brand or product on such platforms grabs the attention of the majority of your target audience.
Marketing using NFT has become quite popular among digital marketing companies such as KloudPortal. They have been creating individual profiles for brands also elevating their market presence with their marketing skills. NFT marketing is a new and exciting way for brands to connect with their audiences. By using NFTs, brands can create unique and interactive experiences that engage users on a deeper level. The rise of NFTs will only become more popular in the months and years ahead. We believe that NFT marketing has the potential to revolutionize the way brands connect with their customers, and we can’t wait to see how it evolves in the future.