How Owned Media Helps In Marketing?
‘Owned media’ refers to the digital marketing channels which a company owns and controls completely. It could be the company’s website, email lists, Instagram pages, Twitter accounts, or other social media handles. They help the business in the following ways.
- Owned media helps a business to appear on the top pages of search engines through Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies like appropriate use of keywords in blogs and articles, strong headlines, unique visuals, and backlinks.
- Businesses have complete control of their owned media through which they can promote their content without paying commissions to third parties from their sales.
- Owned media builds the business as a brand organically and renders it a distinct voice on digital channels.
- Good content on owned media has become an essential part of marketing that helps to convey the brand’s message to a wide audience. Businesses with interesting owned media pages act as influencers guiding people in their purchase decisions to bring conversions. Availing of digital marketing services can help you with good content.
- Owned media provides more opportunities for a business to build customer relationships.
While Evaan is happy to establish the online presence of his furniture store, he finds that most people who land on his website platform are not necessarily those who need his products. Some people come there to browse information. Some people land on his social media pages for its fun content. Evaan needs a faster way to reach out to those looking for the products he sells. He seeks the assistance of a reputed enterprise SEO agency, which provides the best digital marketing services by employing effective strategies in ‘paid’ advertising that boosts sales quickly.
How Paid Media Works To Market Your Business?
Paid media means displaying advertisements or campaigns on particular pages on the internet for a particular time by paying for that space. It refers to paid efforts and paid ads to market products and services. Paid media is more effective than owned media in reaching the right audience in less time for a quicker and more successful conversion rate.
Here is how paid media helps a business.
- Paid media is an effective tool to target people interested in your business and looking for products and services in your niche. Based on the browsing history that reveals what a user is looking for, paid media helps filter people into specific target audiences who are potential customers for your business.
- Paid search engine advertising works on platforms like Google Adwords or Microsoft Ads. This strategy displays ads on search engine pages based on specific keywords. It helps to enlist your products on the top pages of search engines, thereby gaining great visibility.
- Display advertising is a strategy that involves display ads of three types. The first is pay-per-click (PPC) ads, in which the business pays each time a user clicks on an ad. Next follows the pay-per-impression (PPI) advertisements in which the business pays for each time the ad is displayed on the selected web page. Pay-per-mille (PPM), in which payment is made per thousand views, is the third type. Display advertising helps to display ads to viewers at their convenience, making them realize the need for the products.
- Paid media is useful in targeting old customers who earlier visited your website through a strategy called retargeting. As the old customers are already aware of the quality and services, your marketing efforts will likely have them transact with you again.
- As per a report from Statista.com, the amount spent on social media advertising is estimated to reach $268.70 billion in 2023. It is because social media platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are often the first resort from where people take opinions before deciding on a purchase. TikTok and Instagram are good resources that help create an opportunity for influencers to video-advertise new products to many followers. In a nutshell, paid social media advertising helps businesses build brand recognition.
With the entire process of marketing has been working well, Evaan continues his efforts to expand his business and witnesses a surge in sales and net profits. Suddenly one day, to his delight, he sees his business positively reviewed on the social media handles of some long-term customers. His reputation has ‘earned’ coverage for his company in a leading business magazine, and lo! Thanks to the digital marketing services he partnered with, Evaan became one of the most famous businessmen in the country!
How Earned Media Helps To Expand Your Business?
Earned media refers to the exposure and reputation a business gains as a by-product of its efforts through owned and paid media. It could be in press releases featuring your business name, news reporting by journalists, public customer reviews, or a simple Facebook mention ‘earned’ by the business. While the owned and paid media are within the control of the business, earned media cannot be controlled.
Its benefits are as follows.
- Earned media wins more people’s trust and loyalty than owned or paid media.
- It helps build a widespread reputation for your business and increase its brand value and credibility.
- Earned media increases the market value of your brand.
The Best Digital Marketing Agency In Hyderabad To Partner With
KloudPortal offers unique solutions for all the marketing needs of your business. Its various digital marketing services help your business establish a foothold in advertising by making the best of owned and paid media and consequently attribute a brand image to your business through earned media. After all, if Evaan can achieve it, why not you?!
About The Author…
Priyamvada B admires Nature, loves painting and takes interest in poems and short stories. She has a Masters Degree in English literature and a Bachelor’s degree in Science. She loves learning new things and solving puzzles based on logic. While she has a flair for creative writing, she is also good at researching valuable information and presenting it to the readers in the form of technical content writing.