Google search is an ocean of data, and monitoring it helps improve traffic coming to your website. Google search console is one such tool for SEO developers whose reports can give a great deal of information about your website.
Google search console or Google webmaster tools ensure site maintenance happens with respect to search performance. Google search console reports are useful for SEO specialists, business owners, web developers, site administrators, and marketers.
The search console is a free service that covers important parameters such as total website clicks, manual actions, and indexed pages. The best part? You do not even need to sign up! At KloudPortal, a well-known SEO agency, we continuously use tools to improve the marketing strategy for our clients.
Continue reading to know more about how Google search sees your pages and how the search console helps better the results of the same.
How is Google Analytics Different From Google Search Console?
A common question to address while learning about Google search console is how it differs from Google analytics. Google Analytics is more customer/user-oriented. It gives data about the users visiting the site, whereas the search console is rather search-engine focused that helps site owners improve their presence on the internet.
Who Should Use Search Console?
Anyone who deals with the management of the website should be a user of Google search console, but primarily it’s the business owners, marketers, and SEO specialists.
- Business owners: Despite not being the direct user of the search console, knowing how to optimize your site for search engines to better encash the internet for profits is a handy practice.
- SEO specialists/marketers: Being online is the new playground for marketing, and the search console is the perfect tool to monitor the site’s ranking and website traffic to better the site’s search results. Digital marketing service provider KloudPortal highly believes in using Google’s best tools to achieve desired results.
Latest Google Search Console Hacks
You should check your Google search console account once a week. Proactive monitoring will lead to better results. Here are some of the hacks using search console tools that you can use to explore Google search console better
- URL inspection report: You can analyze traffic data about specific pages or the overall site. The Index Coverage report tells about the URL indexing of a site. The URL inspection tool gives atomic details about crawling and other information about pages straight from the Google index. The index report is one of the more intriguing features of the new search console.
- Google Analytics tracking code: To verify your site, you can use a Google tag manager, HTML file upload, or Google Analytics tracking code. The domains are then verified automatically after adding them to the console.
- Search queries: The traffic data and search queries for the site can be tracked.
- Google Search Console Performance report: This intensive report covers everything from the average position of the site and its web pages in search results to the average click-through rate.
- Linking: The console provides data about the number of external links and internal links along with external links to top linking sites, text, which page might be linked to which specific page on the site, and top linked pages.
- Google’s core web vitals: Core web vitals are a set of metrics that were included in 2020 to measure the user experience quality a site offers.
- Exporting data: You can easily export data from the Google search console to other Google products like Google sheets or download as a CSV, or export it to Microsoft Excel.
- Mobile usability: This report identifies the usability of the site on mobile devices. It also identifies any underlying usability issues.
- Crawling: The search console has an interesting feature for crawling stats report about the website. The report gives information about Google’s crawling mechanism and other data points, such as the total crawl requests.
- Search appearance: One of the aspects of the performance report is Google search results analysis in graphical terms. It is usually displayed on top of the page. You can also see the site links to your website by scrolling to the option of top linking sites.
- Search analytics API recipe report: This report has had a greater impact on helping fix structured data issues that affect snippets. The input to this report is traffic data. Another report in the search console is the page experience report, which gives data about the overall user experience concerning the site’s relative speed.
- Integration with Google news: Publishers can access Google news in the performance section of the Google search console to see their performance report.
To avail of these interesting features, all you need is a verification of the site owner or site ownership. Post the verification, the data collection on the console commences, usually within 24 hours. The data is directly proportional to the clicks on the search result. At KloudPortal, we believe in using the best tools to maximize the SEO optimization of a site.