Digital Marketing: What Is It?
Marketing brands via the Internet or associated electronic communication channels is called digital marketing, sometimes called online marketing. Advertising campaigns on electronic devices are commonly referred to as digital marketing. Traditional marketing techniques like magazine adverts, direct mail, and billboards are commonly contrasted with digital marketing.
SaaS: What Is It?
A method of distributing apps through the web as a service is known as software as a service. You can avoid the complexity of software and device upkeep by using the Internet to access software rather than installing and updating it.
SaaS products are also referred to as hosted software, on-demand software, and web-based software. Their servers are utilized to operate the applications that SaaS providers offer, and the provider is responsible for managing the application’s privacy and trustworthiness.
Different Types Of Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) –It is the process of driving traffic via unpaid, editorial, organic, or natural results pages in search engines.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) –Promoting websites by making them more visible in search results of web pages, generally by sponsored content.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) – A publisher is paid by an advertiser when an ad is clicked in the PPC model of online advertisement, which is used to increase website traffic.
- Social Media Marketing –It refers to using websites and social media platforms to advertise a good or service.
- Content Marketing – It is a process of producing and disseminating online content (like social media posts, articles, and blogs) to generate interest in a brand’s goods or services without directly endorsing it.
- Email Marketing –The process of sending marketing messages via email, usually to a group of individuals.
- Mobile Marketing –It is a multi-channel internet marketing strategy that aims to connect with a target audience via websites, email, social media, mobile applications, SMS, and MMS, in devices such as smartphones and other similar devices.
- Affiliate Marketing –A company pays affiliates for each client or consumer they bring in due to their marketing initiatives.
Why Is SaaS Marketing Unique?
SaaS digital marketing refers to acquiring and retaining customers for your SaaS product. An online piece of software that is available to everyone is known as a SaaS product. There are numerous SaaS products, including Google Drive, Google Apps, Zoom, Dropbox, etc.
SaaS marketing is unique because selling something intangible as opposed to promoting a tangible good like a mobile or TV. Plus, every update to the service results in a new change. Additionally, the payment requested from customers is based on a subscription and not a one-time payment.
In SaaS marketing, you ought to provide a free product or service. Physical products aren’t free, maybe you’d give away a few free samples at a retail outlet or a handful of samples in a mail campaign, but you certainly wouldn’t give away the whole thing! A popular and widespread SaaS marketing strategy is to give away a free service or product. The “free trial” is a strategic SaaS customer acquisition and onboarding strategy.
While the sales cycle for SaaS for consumer B2C is short, the sales cycle for enterprise B2B is lengthy and takes months. Purchasing a SaaS involves numerous steps. Consumers may ask their friends and coworkers for recommendations, review sites, view a demonstration, and then register for a free trial after conducting internet research and comparing costs and features. It can take days, but hours are more likely.
Effective SaaS Marketing Techniques
Based on your company’s size and the scope of your marketing efforts, you may choose to implement all or some of these tactics.
- Properly Declare The Cost –SaaS pricing is an important decision factor for clients; therefore, be honest with them.
- Conduct A Pay-per-Click (PPC) Campaign –A PPC campaign is a form of online advertising where a publisher is compensated by an advertiser each time their link is ‘clicked.’
- Employ Content Marketing –One of the best ways to increase website traffic is by publishing high-quality material pertinent to your target audience.
- Offer Complimentary Trials –A successful SaaS marketing tactic for customer acquisition is offering free trials to incentivize users to enroll and use your service.
- Provide Exciting Discounts – Offering consumers tempting deals to encourage them to select a longer plan is another tried-and-true SaaS marketing technique.
- Reward Consumers for Referrals – In a recent poll, over 80% of B2B marketers mentioned referrals as a critical source for lead creation.
SaaS product marketing, like all product marketing, begins with research. Marketers should understand their audience, competition, and the broader industry landscape before creating effective strategic marketing. Once that’s done, they can begin to create brand awareness, reach out to potential customers, and drive conversions. Marketers must be willing to experiment and iterate their strategies based on what they learn from each campaign. With the right combination of digital marketing elements, SaaS companies can drive visibility, build brand recognition, and increase customer acquisition.
We at KloudPortal are committed to assisting SaaS companies in generating quality leads and accelerating growth. To help SaaS Product companies stand out from the crowd and generate leads, customer acquisition, and revenue, we first develop a specific marketing strategy and provide PPC, SEO, content marketing, website designing and many more services based on the client’s requirement.
In the meantime, why not read our other blogs on [7 Simple Strategies That Work For SaaS Startups] & [How to create the best B2B SaaS marketing strategy?]. For marketing services, please contact us here.
About The Author…
Kavitha, born in the Athens of the East, Madurai, is a personalized writer with an Engineering degree. She has a couple of years of experience in her core field; she recently found her interest in writing. With her engaging nature and a good eye for detail, she has proven to deliver unique and top-notch content. She can deliver well-structured and exquisite blogs and articles as a professional content writer.