Web Analytics For Your Business
In the present age, when businesses promote their products and services through marketing platforms, we have very effective web analytics, popular among which are Google analytics, Adobe Analytics, and IBM Coremetrics, now called IBM Digital Analytics. Let us draw a detailed comparison among these data analytics and list the key differences.
Attribution model and conversion count:
- It is important to track the customer behavior in the conversion path from the initial click to the final purchase to know which path best works to bring conversions for your business. It is called the attribution model. Google Analytics has good multi-channel funnels, as it provides business users about the origin of the online traffic, what visitors search for, and the duration of their stay on the website. It reports frequent events like page views, recurring orders, and more. IBM Coremetrics provides similar information, while Adobe Analytics cannot trace the entire conversion path.
- The reporting tools of Google Analytics trace only the conversions in which users land on the website from Google ads and complete the required action. IBM Coremetrics, on the other hand, counts a conversion whenever a user clicks an ad, irrespective of further steps. Adobe Analytics has several custom attribution models which can be used as required. For instance, you can use the last touch model for conversions with a short cycle, as it gives full credit to the most recent touchpoint occurring before a conversion. The teams which analyze keywords use the last-touch model. The first touch attribution model is useful in social media marketing campaigns to assess onsite product recommendation effectiveness.
A professional digital marketing agency can help you choose the best web analytics.
Support for real-time business decisions:
- Did you know? Google dominated the web analytics industry in 2021, with a total market share of more than 70%, as per statista.com.
- Google Analytics and IBM Coremetrics support business owners in making real-time business decisions, whereas Adobe Analytics does not. It is because Google Analytics 4, the improvised version of Google Universal Analytics, is enriched with event-based tracking.
- Adobe Analytics and IBM Coremetrics each have a customer support team, whereas the free Google Analytics service does not have one. Google Analytics 360, a paid service, is a feature-rich product that provides round-the-clock customer support.
- Google Analytics is a free analytics tool, while Adobe Analytics and IBM Coremetrics charge a monthly fee.
E-Commerce tracking features:
- Adobe Analytics provides advanced e-commerce tracking that helps users break down the tracking to each metric they want, like product-scoped metrics, including the discount obtained per product or the number of orders on hit and sub-hit products. You can also view the count of the total number of visits and revenue generated per product. Similar tracking is impossible on the Google Analytics platform. Tracking basic e-commerce metrics, however, is easier in Google analytics than in Adobe Analytics.
- Adding IBM Coremetrics to the comparison, we find that it has the advantage of providing e-commerce clients with in-built metrics like product views and added products. Still, ad-hoc report generation is a difficult task. IBM Watson Studio is a good predictive analytics tool.
- Google Analytics works with Google Data Studio and other tools for building custom reports. But it does not allow users to share reports using drag-and-drop options, so if a business wants someone to view the reports, they need to provide the person with back-end access. On the contrary, with Supermetrics data connectors that connect with various data sources, Adobe Analytics allows you to pull the report to a data warehouse, a BI tool, or an MS Excel data spreadsheet, making it very convenient to share. IBM Coremetrics is a very scalable analytics tool with marketing attribution reports in IBM Coremetrics as one of its beneficial features. It also allows the sharing of reports.
- One of the key differences among the different web analytics tools is their data storage time limit. Adobe Analytics is more reliable than Google Analytics for long-term functioning because it offers data storage for a lifetime, while the latter offers only two years. The cookie storage period is also way higher in Adobe Analytics than in Google Analytics. IBM Digital Analytics has a storage period of 25 months for transactional data and 90 days for page sequence data.
- Adobe Analytics tracks the potential customers’ email addresses which you can use for email marketing, while Google Analytics does not.
The Best Web Analytics Tools To Pick For Your Business
After reviewing the different analytics features, we can infer that Google Analytics is preferable if you need only the basic features and have a limited budget. If you are looking for advanced analytics features, Adobe Analytics is a better option. IBM Coremetrics is best for companies dealing with large data transactions.
Several analytics tools could be an alternative to Google Analytics 4, including Semrush, Smartlook, and Woopra. The choice of your web analytics tool depends majorly on your business needs.
The Best Digital Marketing Agency To Meet Your Business Goals
KloudPortal provides the top enterprise SEO Services in India that helps you with all your business needs. The reputed digital marketing agency offers various digital transformation solutions, including social media advertising, content optimization and development, SEO services, and sales services, to name a few. Look no further to partner with the best B2B SaaS product marketing agency in India to take your business to a new level.