Exams/Quizzes acts as a feedback platform allowing the instructors and students know where they stand in the subject being taught. Quizzes are generally shorter in duration and are used as a measure to evaluate the knowledge of the audience. The audience can range from school students to patients, survey members, online course participants, employees etc. Be it anyone quizzes are mostly fun oriented and does not impact academic performances. However, quizzes can be a tough job for the organizing staff as it involves equal effort similar to organizing professional exams. Following are the challenges faced by the organizing staff while conducting exams/quizzes:
- Set up a venue
- Initiate the audience about the schedule
- Arrange for stationary, papers, pens or pencils etc
- Extra effort to randomize questions
- Appoint an invigilation staff
- Need to correct the answers and provide timely feedback
- Address any technical difficulties
Due to the above constraints, the fun-oriented quizzes sometimes end up as an inconvenience for both the organizer and participants.
How are quizzes helpful across different streams?
Quizzes are widely used in different fields. Let us have a glance about a few of them:
- Medical diagnosis
Quizzes help to determine the health of patients. A well-structured questionnaire formulated by experienced doctor’s aids to access the physical and mental health of patients. Quizzes become critical in some cases where patients deny to speak out their concerns.
- Online learning
Nowadays online learning has increased tremendously. In order to access/Judge the knowledge of the participant, quizzes are the best means. The quiz scores will determine the progress of the reader.
- Classroom training
During classroom, training quizzes are generally conducted to create enthusiasm in the participants. They make the session lively and improve participant’s interests to learn more.
- Feedback/evaluation of employees in an organization
A progressive organization is one which collates regular employee feedback and acts upon it. Because employees are the backbone of any company. The intentions and feedback from employees can be easily obtained by encouraging them to participate in quizzes.
- General audience
Apart from the above, quizzes are conducted everywhere. During presentations, parties, get-togethers etc.
How advancements in technology changed the face of quizzes:
With advancement in technology and a huge surge in data usage, every task of humans was made easy and comfortable. Quizzes are no exception. Online examination software has brought in more fun to learners; most importantly it made life easy for the organizer.
Online quiz VS regular quiz.
|Task||Online quiz||Regular quiz|
Set up a venue
Initiate the audience about the schedule
Arrange for stationary, papers, pens or pencils etc
Extra effort to randomize questions
Appoint an invigilation staff
Need to correct the answers and provide timely feedback
Address any technical difficulties
With the above said advantagesOnline examination software wins the race against regular quiz. Nowadays Free online test maker software’s are also available. Being said now the challenge arises which software to choose amongst the hundreds of options available in the market.
Choose the right software
We look for following aspects while choosing online test platform
- Can it accommodate simple yes/no to multiple choice questions, fill in the blank, matching, sequencing, plugin questions etc
- Can images and videos be included in question/answers
- Auto-correction and real-time personal feedback.
- App purchase and licensing costs.
- Push notification feature
- Timer on assessments
- Report generation
- Easy-to-use, clear interface
- Cloud or in-house based
Mobiquiz allows a user to create and host quiz all by ourselves without any coding experience. It is the best online test platform.
Following are the features of our test creation software:
- Can launch an Unlimited number of Questions and unlimited Levels
- Quiz Type includes Simple Yes/No to complex Multiple choice questions
- Randomize your questions
- Show images and videos in your answers
- Time-Based assessments
- Immediate performance reports can be generated as soon as the exam is completed.
KloudPortal is a Mobile app and Saas product development expert. Mobiquiz is one of our well-known mobile app which is most liked by the users.