The ability of a business to withhold the existing customers, thereby increasing the revenue for the business, is customer retention. From a SaaS company perspective, customer retention is an analysis of the number of customers who had a renewal of their contract at the end of the subscription term.
Companies may feel excited by the number of subscriptions for a SaaS solution, but there are many chances of them cancelling their subscription at any point (Churn rate). Hence SaaS customer retention is undoubtedly the most critical metric for SaaS companies. It is a major point to find out how customers use the product/service and the level of customer satisfaction. The happier the customer is, the more customer retention and increased revenue for the business.
The main aim of every company is to keep potential customers engaged by providing customer loyalty programs, the best marketing qualified leads and preventing them from being attracted to competitors.
KloudPortal is a top SaaS product marketing agency that strongly believes in having unique retention strategies to retain customers by engaging them with customized digital marketing services. We design unique email marketing campaigns to help our customers reach their target audience through personalized messaging to create awareness about their products, services, and solutions.
Key To Build A Better-Driven Acquisition Strategy
Improving customer experience and retaining them has become one of the major tasks in business, especially for marketing teams. What is more challenging for a SaaS business is that customers who enroll for the SaaS product should be satisfied with the product and service to renew it the next time. Find below some key metrics for the acquisition of the existing customer base.
- A business should have a well-optimized website that customers can easily access without buffering and disturbance.
- Keep the customers updated about new launches. SaaS businesses generally want to respond faster to power users’ concerns than regular ones.
- Upload the reviews of customer success and the customer success teams to attract more customers.
- Optimize the pricing page, which means too many pricing plans may confuse the customer and shift to competitors.
- Companies should post valuable content on the website by uploading blogs related to the retention rate, product teams, customer support, customer feedback, etc., to retain long-term customers.
Types Of Strategies For Retaining Customers
SaaS companies usually use customer retention strategies by aiming to maximize repeat business and enhance the rate of revenue. The customer success manager establishes strategies to expand the customer base, attracting unique business. They collect customer data and concentrate more on retaining the customers than the new ones, which helps increase customer retention value for the customer lifetime. Here are a few strategies
- Offer app onboarding for new customers– SaaS Customer onboarding process plays a very important role in any company at every stage of the user journey. Product managers should properly analyze the market based on customer usage data to launch the best service to attract more customers.
- Gamification – is also the best retention strategy to attract more customers by rewarding them for completing the game in an app. Offering more automatically increases the perceived value of your product, boosting the chances your power users will remain loyal to your company.
- Offer on-demand self-help options– Self-help is one of the convenient options provided to the customers, such as there should be easier for them to troubleshoot product-related issues like returning the product, exchanging, etc. We can save customers’ time instead of waiting for a call or email response from the support team.
- Set up social customer service– Social media is one of the extremely responsive channels to reach customers. Most people, from kids to senior citizens, are fond of social media, so this is the best platform where a company can exhibit its SaaS brands and encourage users to visit the website.
- Customer engagement– This is one of the crucial features of a SaaS company to acquire success. The company should frame a few viral activities worth visiting that customers cannot go off without clicking on and provide more attractive offers to keep searching the site to know more about it.
- Customer feedback page– This page gives the idea to the other customers how the app is being used and their satisfaction level, which boosts retention efforts. Digital marketing platforms should be attentive to collecting data from different sources like messages, surveys, etc. Based on the reviews, customers perceive the state of loyalty, which automatically improves customer lifetime value.
Benefits Of Customer Retention
Retaining a customer defines a company’s ability to transform customers into repeat buyers and don’t let them from switching to a competitor. It shows whether your product and the quality of your service hold your old customers. But retaining a customer is more about relationships than just a transaction. Here are a few benefits of retaining a SaaS customer:
- It saves costs because this process is more effective than acquiring new customers.
- Loyal customers spread positive word of mouth about the services of the company and its brand to their near and dear ones, which increases the reputation automatically.
- Can experiment with new products based on existing customers without fear of losing them.
KloudPortal is committed to assisting SaaS companies in generating quality leads, retaining them, and acquiring growth. SaaS marketing help SaaS Product companies stand out from the crowd and generate leads, attract customers, and generate revenue by developing specific strategies. KloudPortal provides PPC, SEO, content marketing , website designing , and many more services based on the client’s requirement, which helps the clients to retain their valuable customers for a lifetime.